Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Bed Making




I remember sleeping over night every now and then with Grandma and Grandpa out at the farmhouse. I distinctly remember Grandma and Grandpa crawling into the bottom of the bed and sleeping without pillow despite the fact that they had plumped pillows at the top of the bed.




Very pleased with herself, Grandma explained that by sleeping with their heads at the bottom of the bed, pillowless, made it very easy to make the bed in the morning. All one had to do was pull the sheets, blanket and comfortor tight and it looked as though no one had slept in it all night.




I, not being a huge fan of making beds myself, thought this made perfect sense and crawled in right next to them. It was not too comfortable but it beat making the bed!!! I wonder what Grandpa thought about sleeping pillowless? Maybe it was another rubber egg scenario.

No comments: