Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Grandma Sings



So, yesterday was my birthday. Fun. I was on my way up the hill to go sking, when my phone went off. I answered to find my cute cousin Janell on the other end wishing me a happy birthday. She said she and her brother Mark always call each other on their birthday and sing to each other because, when Grandma was alive, she would call them on their birthday and sing to them. It is their way of carrying on her tradition.

That is so funny because Grandma would always call us first thing on our Birthday. You would answer the phone and hear, "Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you...." So now, Julie and I alway call each other on our birthday and sing. It is our way of keeping Grandma's tradition alive. Mechelle

2 comments:

julie said...

Opps, I wished you happy birthday but never sang to you yesterday. I am so ashamed!!! I hope you had a happy day in spite of the lack of the music.

chelle said...

Not a problem. M